- Glenelg Australie-Méridionale 5045It's been 3 days I'm in Glenelg now, i'm tripping with some french guys waiting for Flo ( a german friend), to meet me up here on Sunday. I want to start my trip across the desert but I'm pretty sure its safer to have a couple hundred dollars more before leaving. I'm looking for a job for one week, if I can make 500$ that would be perfect. Also need to buy some special gear for in the desert (extra fuel & water tank, etc...). Met some great Auzzie's yesterday in a pub and they invited me for dinner tonight. I also met two very nice Dutch girls that are crossing the desert as well, so we agreed to follow each other in the desert so its safer. Should be allright.
- Port Augusta Australie-Méridionale 5700
- Flinders Ranges National Park
Wilpena Pound, Hawker SA 5434, Australia | (08) 8648 0048
- Marree Australie-Méridionale 5733Marree, or the last stop before the Great Central Desert. Here starts the Oodnadatta Track. After buying some fuel and some food we start driving on the track, into the wild ! Amazing scenery, emptyness and silence :) But these bloody flies are everywhere ! And when they go to sleep the mosquitos come out ! Luckily we bought some flynets :). Next stop was William Creek, where we stopped at the Roadhouse. But the owner, Bruce, was a cranky bastard. So on the road again ! We camped at a very nice spot called Coward Springs, privately owned, and there was a very nice natural spa, check it out !
- Oodnadatta Australie-Méridionale 5734Oodnadatta, or the Pink Roadhouse, very nice place :) We had a nice burger there and chilled out in the pool after our long drive, sadly the tyre repairer was gone to Adelaide, so I decided to not drive the third part of the Oodnadatta Track, but instead drive down till Coober Pedy. This was a 250km detour, but a safer option. at the end of the track, 10km away from Coober Pedy, the rain had made some severe damage to the road so the driving was pretty tough but I loved it ! Very nice drifting, 4WD straight into the flooded parts, => driving skills !! that's what I'm talking about ! Coober Pedy was a ghost town, with all the Abos walking around like zombies, amidst the opal miners, very weird !
- Coober Pedy Australie-Méridionale 5723
- Erldunda Territoire du Nord 0872
- Yulara Territoire du Nord 0872
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Park Manager, PO Box 119, Ayers Rock Uluru 0872, Australia | (08) 8956 2299Uluru ! Finally ! I dreamed to see it and here I am. Magical place. We even had the chance to see it under the rain !!! This happens only 6 days a year. Waterfalls pouring down Uluru's flanks, very nice ! Then I went to the rockhole close to Uluru's base and had a swim with some Abo's, amazing experience beautiful sunset after.
Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), was awesome as well. We made a nice walk in the Gorges there, enjoy the pictures.
- Parc national Watarrka
Watarrka National Park, South-west of Alice Springs, 330 kilometres via the Red Centre Way, Kings Canyon NT 0872, Australia | (08) 8951 8250
- Glen Helen GorgeAfter Kings Canyon we headed on the Meereenie Loop Road to see the West MacDonnel Ranges. Very nice landscapes all the way. I couldn't take decent pictures of Glen Helen Gorge because there was a lot of water around so I couldnt get close enough.
- Standley ChasmStandley Chasm is a very nice rock formation along the MacDonnel Ranges. Check out the pictures
- Alice Springs Territoire du Nord 0870Alice Springs ! The first big town since a long time ago, but we didn't stay long. Just one night at a hostel to recharge the batteries, do some laundry and have a good night of sleep. Lot of Abo's hanging around, waiting for the bottle shops to open so they can buy some goon.
- My original plan, was to do the Tanami Road to be able to do The Kimberleys, the Gibb River Road, Bungle Bungles National Park and Wolfe Creek Crater. But we had a money problem, so we had to take the stupid highway to join Darwin, the Tanami Road was closed to all traffic. So we stopped at Tennant Creek and Katherine, two ghost towns along the way with a lot of Abo's doing nothing.... The only nice place we stopped at was Daly Waters, a roadhouse and historical pub along the way. Had a couple of beers there and left our cricket bat as souvenir.
- Darwin Territoire du NordDarwin here we are ! After two weeks of amazing roadtrip, we finally arrived in Darwin. I found a nice hostel and now I am trying to find some work on the boats, or just a job via Manpower. Its a nice city here, tropical climat with sometimes heavy rain, but always warm. But these bloody crocodiles and box jellyfish make it impossible to enjoy the ocean !